Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Kristen Stewart: I Don't Want To Be Comfortable, I Want Experience

Kristen Stewart On The Road

Kristen talks extensively about her career and her plans post 'Twilight', and how she is 'hungry for experience', and doesn't want to get 'comfy' in a new interview!

Kristen Stewart appeared on The Tavis Smiley Show on Dec. 10, where she told host Tavis Smiley about her plans for her career now that The Twilight Saga is over, because she feels she lived 'in that world for so long.' Now, she is eager to sink her teeth into edgier roles ' pardon the Twilight pun! Kristen's latest movie On The Road will hit theaters on Dec. 21, and in this interview she talks about how working on the controversial movie made her 'more hungry for experiences.'

Kristen spoke extensively about her character Mary Lou in On The Road, and the message that the film sends to young people today. She believes that this role made her a much more ambitious actress. Kristen really steps out of her comfort zone, as Mary Lou drinks and takes a lot of drugs, and the movie will show the actress's first nude scene. She says:

'As a young person who loves the book, I am asked constantly what people see in it. I think it's a really good time to make the movie version. The sex and the drugs aren't necessarily disarming for us anymore. I think mainly it would be that at that age when you look up and get that notion for the first time that you can find your line in life and you can follow it'if you find commonality with other people, you can love and hate together. I was nostalgic for a time I never lived in. It made me more hungry for experience. It made me realize I don't want to be so comfy all the time.'

Playing Mary Lou is certainly a big change from playing Bella Swan in Twilight! Tavis asked if Kristen is aching for indies after finishing a series of blockbusters. She told him, 'I've never been able to step outside my career as a whole. I don't know what's going to move me in a years time. If I knew what story I wanted to tell, I would be directing it. I don't know. I don't have drastically different experiences in small to large movies.' How interesting!

When talking about what makes her comfortable for the future of her career, Kristen says: 'I have definite hopes, I think the only way' you can't really regret anything if you're coming from an honest place. I think I'll be alright. I'm so proud of everyone I've worked with. I'm so proud of all those groups.'

Wow, what a revealing and interesting interview! Kristen has such a good attitude, and it's obvious that she wants a varied and exciting career. Kristen's next project will be Focus, alongside Ben Affleck. Considering she will have a lot of sexy scenes, it should satisfy Kristen's 'hunger' for a while!

What do YOU think HollywoodLifers? Do you think Kristen has a good attitude?

Subscribe to me on YouTube

' Eleanore Hutch

More Kristen Stewart & Tavis Smiley News:

  1. Kristen Stewart: I Need Someone To Push Me Outside My Comfort Zone
  2. Kristen Stewart Apologizes For The Madness She Causes: 'I'm Sorry'
  3. Kristen Stewart: I Feel Like 'Everyone's Laughing At Me' ' Watch


No comments:

Post a Comment