Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Charlize Theron Reveals How Her Mother Inspired Her To Adopt

Image of Charlize Theron Reveals How Her Mother Inspired Her To Adopt

Charlize reflects on her mother's best advice and her new baby, Jackson, on the 'Today' show.

Charlize Theron raved about her newly adopted son Jackson, as well as her diapering skills, on the Today show with Ann Curry on May 29.

Charlize is famously close with her own mother, Gerda Aletta, so Ann asked Charlize what advice she valued most from her mother.

Charlize answered, 'When I reflect back on how my mother raised me, she always ' encouraged me to be my own person.'

She explained that despite her mother having strong beliefs and opinions, 'none were ever forced down my throat.'  Instead, Charlize was encouraged to 'discover [the world] through [her] own eyes.'

'That teaches great independence and confidence,' Charlize said, 'when you are encouraged to be yourself and live it in your own skin.  I would hope to have my son feel the same way about himself.'

But Charlize isn't just in it for the mushy-gushy motherhood' She's a self-proclaimed diaper-changing pro!

'I can change diapers in my sleep,' bragged Charlize.  On her recent international trip with baby Jackson, she became an expert in Japanese, Spanish, British, and German diapers.  What skill!

With a loving mother like Charlize, baby Jackson is in great hands!

What's the best advice your mom ever gave you, HollyMoms?

[Today Show]

' Margaret Quigley

More Charlize News:

  1. Charlize Theron: Her Biggest Surprise About Being A Mom ' VIDEO
  2. Charlize Theron: 'My Dogs Help Raise My Baby Jackson' ' VIDEO
  3. Charlize Theron Wears Red For 'Snow White & The Huntsman' Photocall


No comments:

Post a Comment