Friday, February 1, 2013

'American Idol' Star Kayden Stephenson, 16: Next Justin Bieber?

American Idol Kayden Stephenson

Kayden wowed the 'American Idol' judges (and me) in Oklahoma City during his charming and amazing audition. Keep reading to see why I think he's the next big thing!

Kayden Stephenson has super swag! His American Idol audition on Jan. 31 totally floored me ' his presence, poise and professionalism at just 16 years old made me instantly fall in love with him! Here's why I think he could go really far.

Kayden's Medical Background

Kayden, 16, was so cute and charming the second he appeared on screen with host Ryan Seacrest. He told the judges he has been singing since the age of 4 and ever since then, he knew he was the one. I hope his dream can come true!

Kayden was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at just 18 months old. He is expected to live for only 20 more years ' or to around the age of 35. However, medical advancements are giving his family hope that he will live a much longer life.

His parents Stephanie and Rick Franklin said he had the symptoms of severe allergies or asthma as a baby, but unfortunately found out that Kayden was living with a terminal illness.

'It's definitely scary but also, it gives me an opportunity to do everything now, when I'm young. I'm doing American Idol because this is my dream,' Kayden said.

His Amazing Audition

Kayden immediately joked that he 'forgot' which song he was about to sing, and called Keith 'sir.' Smiling Kayden sang 'I Wish' by Stevie Wonder.

'I love your voice, it reminds me of a baby Michael [Jackson],' Nicki Minaj raved. I agree and I also thought he sounded like a baby Justin Bieber! His style and swag totally reminded me of a young Biebs, too.

His story is so inspirational and it's clear that his illness is not holding him back. He was amazing and easily went through to Hollywood.

'I feel like I'm the luckiest person in the world!' he said after he got his golden ticket ' what an amazing attitude!

Kayden Is The Total Package

Not only does he have an amazing voice, he has super swag and charm, crazy confidence and an inspirational outlook on life!

I loved him and I know the teen crowd will love him, too! I think he will go really far in the competition!

Did you love Kayden, HollywoodLifers? Watch his audition below:

Subscribe to me on YouTube

' Dory Larrabee

Follow @DoryLarrabee

More American Idol on HollywoodLife.com:

  1. 'Idol' Recap: Mariah Carey Fights Back Tears For Disabled Contestants
  2. Bonnie Says: 'American Idol' Contestant Burnell Taylor, 19, Just Saved The Show
  3. 'American Idol': Candice Glover Returns ' 'Best Audition This Season'


No comments:

Post a Comment