Monday, February 11, 2013

2013 Grammy Awards: Did Jack White Drop The F-Bomb?

Jack White Grammys F-Bomb

While some fans claim they heard Jack sneak in a swear, CBS insists that wasn't the case. Who do YOU believe?

After Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco dropped the F-bomb after winning the Super Bowl on Feb. 3, the last thing CBS wanted was another censor debacle on its hands. So when rumors began to circulate that Jack White did the same thing during his performance of 'Love Interruption' at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards on Feb. 10, you can only imagine what was running through producers' minds.

But did Jack, 37, really drop the F-bomb?

Not so, says CBS! Martin Franks, the network's executive vice president of planning, policy and government affairs, issued the following statement to The Hollywood Reporter:

'We had 10 editors, and three people on site, and all are experienced, all with multiple Grammy, multiple Big Brother, multiple Tony experience, experience with doing these delays. They went through all of the rehearsals. They have prepared meticulously. And not a single one of them heard anything other than 'fight.''

In Jack's defense, the F-bomb doesn't appear anywhere in the lyrics to 'Love Interruption.'

Jack White's 'Love Interruption' Lyrics:

I want love
To roll me over slowly
stick a knife inside me,
and twist it all around.

I want love to
grab my fingers gently
slam them in a doorway
put my face into the ground.

I want love to
murder my own mother
and take her off to somewhere
like hell or up above.

I want love to
change my friends to enemies,
change my friends to enemies
and show me how it's all my fault.

I wont let love disrupt, corrupt or interrupt me x 2
Yeah I wont let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore.

I want love to
walk right up and bite me
grab a hold of me and fight me
leave me dying on the ground.

And I want love to
split my mouth wide open and
cover up my ears,
and never let me hear a sound.

I want love to,
forget that you offended me
or how you have defended me,
when everybody tore me down.

Yeah I want love to
change my friends to enemies,
change my friends to enemies
and show me how it's all my fault.

Yeah I wont let love disrupt, corrupt or interrupt me
I wont let love disrupt, corrupt or interrupt me
I wont let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore.

HollywoodLifers, do YOU think Jack dropped the F-bomb, or is this much ado about nothing? Watch his performance below and vote:

The Hollywood Reporter'

More Grammys on HollywoodLife.com:

  1. Rihanna & Chris Brown Leave Club Together After Grammys ' Hot Date
  2. Adele Reveals Tattoo At Grammys ' In Honor Of Son Angelo?
  3. Katy Perry's Grammys Hair & Makeup ' Get Her Exact Look


No comments:

Post a Comment